View All 10 Colors
8mm Sequin Mesh Tan
- Tips & Tricks
8mm Sequin Spandex Jersey is a medium weight, knit fabric ideal for costuming and bodywear. This fabric's spandex content gives it a smooth, silky handfeel and beautiful sheen, and its generous stretch allows for body-conscious garments and ease of movement. PolySpandex is smooth and offers more comfort and breathability. Using one stitch to secure 8mm reversible sequins onto the spandex, creates an all over sequined effect. As light reflects off the sequins a variety of colors may be picked up as seen in pictures.
86% Polyester / 14% Spandex
Four-way Spandex can be stretched both ways. (Length and Width wise)
Delicate and bumpy face due to sequins
Shiny due to sequins and spandex
Tips and Tricks:
- Use with nap cutting layout (i.e. all pattern pieces laid out in the same direction) so all pattern pieces reflect light the same way and shading is prevented
- Crosswise stretch should go horizontally across the body
- For cutting, lay out fabric on dressmaker’s cutting board, hold down pattern pieces w/fabric weights and trace around pattern pieces with a sharp rotary cutter. This allows for more precise cutting with knit fabrics.
- If cutting with shears, pin pattern pieces with thin, sharp pins (try our extra fine pins)
- If interfacing is needed, use lightweight fusible knit interfacing
- Use a ballpoint (stretch) needle when machine sewing
- Use a knit stitch to maintain stretch – chainstitch is ideal, but you can also use overlock (serger) to sew seams without additional stitch
- If you have to use a regular straight lockstitch, lower your stitch size (8-10 stitched per inch is a good estimate, but it’s best to experiment on a test swatch before sewing), and gently stretch the fabric while sewing to maintain stretch. Steam seams on lower (polyester/spandex) setting to eliminate unwanted puckering. You may want to use a pressing cloth if you have a particularly hot iron.
- Use self-binding, overlock (serger) or a roll-back hem with coverstich for hems and edges
Hand wash cold water, hang dry.
Sequins on Polyester
60 Inches Wide