View All 6 Colors
Polyester Embroidered Organza #2 Beige
- Tips & Tricks
Polyester Embroidered Organza #2 is a sheer, lightweight fabric most often used in eveningwear, lingerie, and bridal/wedding. This fabric is much less sheer than its plain organza cousin, and has a pearly satin finish on the face side. This fabric has a gorgeous floral embroidery adding opulence and a high level of taste. It is available in a few different colors.
118 Inches Wide
Plain weave with tightly twisted silk filaments and satin finish on face side
Slightly pebbly texture; smoother than plain chiffon, especially on satin side. Crisp and holds its shape when draped.
Beautiful moderately high degree of shine due to satin finish and how the silk filaments reflect light
Tips and Tricks:
- This fabric lends itself very well to volume – great for shirring and pleating
- Because of its loose structure, fabric tends to move when laid out for cutting. Layer the fabric between two sheets of tissue thin paper before cutting to stabilize. Hold fabric in place using fabric weights or fine, sharp pins (try our extra fine pins).
- Keep cut fabric pieces pinned to tissue paper until right before you’re ready to sew – silk organza loves to fray!
- Take care – this fabric frays a little more than its plain organza cousin.
- Use tissue paper as backing when sewing seams together to help stabilize fabric – tear away once seam is secure.
- It’s best to only cut one or two layers at a time to avoid grain distortion.
- Use a new, thin needle when sewing this fabric to avoid snags– especially when machine sewing.
- Use cotton, or cotton-covered polyester thread when sewing
- Reduce stitch size to help avoid snags and pulls (8 – 10 stitches per inch is a good starting point, but we recommend you test a small swatch first)
- The best finishes for organza are French seams, very narrow hems (1/8” 1/4” is best), or purl stitch.
- Cutting on the bias will reduce fraying – this is a great way to make creative embellishments like flowers and feathers.
Dry clean recommended.
118 Inches Wide