View All 2 Colors
Multi Color Sequin Mesh 1 Rainbow 8mm
- Use & Care
The Multi Color Sequin Mesh fabric is a gorgeous and elegant fabric with a flowing pattern of sequins on a net backing fabric. Bold without being ostentatious, the beauty of light reflecting on sequins is one of its sought-after properties. Available in 5 distinctive colors.
Delicate and bumpy face due to sequins
Shiny due to sequins
Tips and Tricks:
- Use with nap cutting layout (i.e. all pattern pieces laid out in the same direction) so all pattern pieces reflect light the same way and shading is prevented
- Crosswise stretch should go horizontally across the body
- For cutting, lay out fabric on dressmaker’s cutting board, hold down pattern pieces w/fabric weights and trace around pattern pieces with a sharp rotary cutter. This allows for more precise cutting with knit fabrics.
- If cutting with shears, pin pattern pieces with thin, sharp pins (try our extra fine pins)
- If interfacing is needed, use lightweight fusible knit interfacing
- Use a ballpoint (stretch) needle when machine sewing
- Use a knit stitch to maintain stretch – chainstitch is ideal, but you can also use overlock (serger) to sew seams without additional stitch
- If you have to use a regular straight lockstitch, lower your stitch size (8-10 stitched per inch is a good estimate, but it’s best to experiment on a test swatch before sewing), and gently stretch the fabric while sewing to maintain stretch. Steam seams on lower (polyester/span) setting to eliminate unwanted puckering. You may want to use a pressing cloth if you have a particularly hot iron.
- Use self-binding, overlock (serger) or a roll-back hem with coverstich for hems and edges
Dry clean only.
100% Black Polyester Mesh