View All 5 Silk Colors
Silk Embroidered Floral Eyelet White
- Tips & Tricks
Silk Embroidered Floral Eyelet fabric is a pretty, versatile and yet durable lace fabric type with a long history. Its beauty and toughness make it popular in both clothing and home decor, from curtains to wedding gowns.
42 Inches Wide
This fabric is textured due to the embroidered flowers, yet silky
This fabric has a bit of shine due to the silk content
Tips and Tricks:
- Steam or dry clean.
- For easy clean-up, cover the floor and cutting table with a clean sheet. Spread fabric in a single layer with the right side up to reduce fraying, do not cut until you are ready to sew; after cutting handle the fabric as little as possible. Use clips sparingly, avoid erasable pens; they may stain permanently.
- Baste as needed to avoid ripping
- For an elegant finish in unlined garments use Hong Kong binding with Silk Chiffon
- To add body to lightweight or soft embroidered fabrics, use silk organza, polyester chiffon or lightweight sew in interfacings
- Line the garment or bind seams with tricot or chiffon
- Test press. Many embroidered and embellished fabrics are easily damaged by steam and high heat. Use a press cloth when pressing the right side. Cover the pressing surface with a thick terry towel to avoid flattening or damaging the embellishment on the fabric
- To protect skirts and pants from clip hanger marks, sew in ribbon hanger loops at the waist
Hand washing may cause water spots, check a small piece to check. Dry clean recommended.
42 Inches Wide